Nuffnang

Saturday, September 12, 2015

4 Fingers Crispy Chicken

Just two weeks ago, I was having a conversation with my colleagues over the topic of fast food and they quickly mentioned 4 Fingers being the tastiest chicken in town (better than KFC). Personally, I have not patronize the fast food chain since its opening some years ago, hence I was pretty curious how the Korean Fried Chicken was able to capture the hearts of Singaporeans.

Earlier this week, I brought the children to Plaza Singapura to spend some personal time with them. It was an afternoon lunch date followed by window shopping before they go for their evening tuition classes. While we were scratching our heads over where to settle our lunch, we spotted 4 Fingers Crispy Chicken.


We were spared from the usual long queue as it was past 2pm on a weekday. The other bonus was Denver & Gladys were able to enjoy Student Promotion price with a $3 off designated combo meals!


Being first timers, we are not sure what are the house specials. The kiddos went for the Chicken Chop (UP: $9.95) while I picked the Chicken Rice Box with Kimchi Coleslaw (UP: $8.95). We get to choose between Soy Garlic or Spicy for our chicken and Seaweed or Kimchi fries. We had a mixture of both to see how they taste like.



Despite no queue, it took us about 15 minutes from the time our orders were taken to the time the food was ready. I can imagine how long it would be during peak hours! Served in a metallic like rectangular containers, the chicken look appetizing.


Squeezing the bit of lemon on top of the chicken, Denver & Gladys enjoyed their chicken chop a lot. The chicken meat is tender with a crispier and thinner skin. Denver finds his spicy chicken shiok while Gladys enjoy the sweetness of the Soy Garlic. Personally, I did not fancy the fries as I did not find the flavour alluring. If we have to pick, our votes will go to kimchi fries. I enjoyed my Chicken Rice Box and I must say the chicken was not too oily.

On the whole, it was pretty pricey in my opinion as the bill would have gone to $30 if not for the Student Promotion. Nevertheless, the children enjoyed their lunch and agreed that the chicken tasted good.

4 Fingers Crispy Chicken
Address: Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road, #B1-07, Singapore 238839

No comments:

Post a Comment