Nuffnang

Monday, September 8, 2014

~ Handicraft - Straw Prawns & Orcas ~


It was 2 nights before Teacher's Day where our little feisty girl asked me to teach her how to weave a heart using straws for her teachers in school. While google-ling for ideas, I stumbled upon interesting straw crafts which led me to find out more on how I can make these beauties.

I followed the Step by Step instructions to weave the Killer Whale (Orca in Japanese) using a single straw. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to make it but once you understand the basic steps, it only takes half the amount of time to make one Orca. While the children had different voices of what it was (some thought it was a fish), they all agreed it was gorgeous.  :) 


Based on the similar weaving steps, you can also make a prawn out of a single straw!  

If you put your heart and creativity to work, a simple straw can be transformed into an artwork which is amazingly cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment