After a long day at work, it feels great to sit back, relax and have a drink. With children tagging along, a healthy juice is a great choice for all to enjoy.
We always adore the lovely, luxurious view around Quayside Isle @ Sentosa Cove and am happy to be back again to check out the new additions to its mix of marina-facing restaurants.
Joe & The Juice has opened its doors along the waterfront offering fresh made-to-order juices and coffee. Serving only the freshest mix of nutritionally rich menu offerings ensures that nothing is pre-made or packaged in advance.
A little background introduction - Joe & The Juice is founded by former elite sports karate fighter, Kaspar Basse, Originated in Copenhagen in 2002, it is designed to offer healthy and delicious alternative to quick-fix meal options that athletes would need to achieve optimal performance.
Apart from offering healthy juices, Joe & The Juice also emphasize on personal customer's experience. The staff behind the counters not only prepare the drinks but are very welcoming, friendly and full of energy and zest to perk your mood up. They are well-trained and knowledgeable on the benefits of the juices that may interests you.
Fresh fruits and ingredients are neatly displayed at the counter and you can watch your orders being prepared and juiced on the spot!
Taking a look at their menu on the black board, the juices are tagged with very interesting names. Like 'Go Away Doc', 'Sex Me Up', 'Hangover Heaven', 'Iron Man' etc.
We managed to try a couple of juices and personally I enjoyed all of them as it is 100% freshness. Nutritional and health benefits is taken into account without comprising the taste.
Hell Of A Nerve (Strawberry, Elderflower, Banana)
- A sweet and refreshing drink.
Pick Me Up (Raspberry, Banana, Apple)
- Great boost for the morning containing 13 vitamins and minerals. Taste a little sour due the raspberry but we love it!
Veggie Focus (Celery, Carrot, Apple)
- Contains Vitamins A, B and C and it is a healthy drink to lower blood pressure! I thought I would not fancy this drink as I never have a liking for Celery but surprising, the combination is perfect and the taste of celery is not overwhelming. Even children can take this drink.
Prince of Green (Spinach, Pineapple, Apple)
- Perfect drink for strengthening bones
Ginger Shot (Ginger with Apple)
- Ginger drink is known to help to relief sore throat and if you are feeling ill, a drink will be good. It is a natural energy boost but do be cautious not to consume too much as it will be bad for the stomach. Drink up the Ginger Shot and have a slice of apple after which.
Power Shake (Strawberry, Banana, Vanilla Milk)
- Favourite drink among children. Unfortunately, vanilla milk is not available and soy milk is used in replacement. It taste a little sour and not as sweet. I could imagine the sweetness and richness of the vanilla milk with the fruits. Would need to try this again another time!
Apart from juices, another special item on their menu not to be missed is their sandwhiches. The highlight is the thin wheat rye bread which is imported from Denmark. Lightly toasted, the bread is very crispy and it is filled with goodness. We had Turkey (Classic Sandwich - $10.50) and it is packed with turkey, tomato and mozzarella cheese. It is a perfect combi with the juices and a healthy pick at any time of the day.
Joe & The Juice also offers 100% Organic Coffee. Their coffee cups are colour coded : Grey - 4oz. Purple - 6oz, Yellow - 12oz and Pink - 16oz with price range from $5 to $6.50.
Joe & The Juice serves healthy juices and it is a nice place to hang around and relax, particularly on the weekends. Love to be back again for another drink with the kiddos.
Joe & The Juice
Quayside Isle @ Sentosa Cove
Address: 31 Ocean Way Sentosa Cove, #01-09, Singapore 098375
30 Raffles Place, Chevron House, #01-35A, Singapore 039803
Disclosure: All comments and opinions are personal and no monetary compensation was received.