Nuffnang

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Jen's Doodle Party @ Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore

[Media Invite]

Have you heard of Hotel Jen? We used to know it as Traders Hotel Singapore before the rebranding. With its new name and ongoing upgrading works, the newest hotel brand (under Shangri-La Group) is expected to be completed by the end of this year!

With the successful completion of the second phase renovation, I am looking forward to see the final outlook of the newly refurbished Hotel Jen which aims to capture the spirit of travel, relishing the adventure and celebrate the culture. 


Last weekend, I was invited to attend Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore - "Jen's Doodle Party". Being a big fan of Band of Doodlers who were there to doodle and illustrate a travel story on a huge 17-meter hoarding, I was extremely thrilled and delighted! Finally, I get to see the artists at work!

Doodling with the big marker pens were not a problem at all! I even had my personal cartoon portrait illustrated on the temporary wall! ^_^



Since I love to doodle, it is simply irresistible to hold my hands back. I get to doodle in the speech bubble and eventually the little spaces around it. Not bad for a first timer I guess.



The Band of Doodlers continued to doodle their way across the hoarding panels and the plain white walls became a beautiful piece of artwork.



Happy to meet up with the senior staff of Hotel Jen and the atmosphere sure looks fun and exciting!  

Not sure where are the great hangouts or delicious local food in Singapore? Check out Jen's Heart Map where recommended places to visit or food to eat are penned down on a paper and stick on the huge map.


What an innovative, adventurous and fun way to learn more about Singapore!

In a mere few hours time, the temporary wall at the Main Lobby area is filled up with beautiful illustrations! Work was still in progress when I left the party but I am definitely going to be back to check out the completed Doodle Wall! If you are around the area, do pop by and take some photos.


Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore
Address: 1A, Cuscaden Road, Singapore 249716

1 comment:

Henry Lee said...

ehhh... those street art / doodle art looks nice leh. They should do one here in KL too

Post a Comment